Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Neighbor Mommy Friend Sarah

Sarah and I met when I was 1 day past my due date with Carter.  Scott and I were walking to try and get contractions rolling (which I think helped by the way, I was in labor at 1:30am that night) and we ran into them walking with their son.  Small world; Sarah's husband, John, works at Toyota with Scott, Sarah, like myself, is a stay at home mom, and they live only 5 houses down the street.  After Carter was born, they brought down cookies and their phone numbers saying if we needed anything to let them know. So, one day I was bored and wanted to get out of the house.  I decided to walk to our local CVS and went knocking on her door to see if she wanted to come too.  She said yes and the rest is history!

Above:  Sarah and I walking the boys right after Carter was born 

I've only known Sarah since March 2009, but I already consider her a very dear friend of mine. One that I can call whenever for whatever.  One that I can rely on for help and company when Scott's away. One to share new ideas and concerns with.  Our boys are destined to be great friends who will get into loads of trouble together.  Sarah and I have discovered lots of new places here in Milan together while walking and riding (we walk alot of places).

Above:  Sarah and I with the boys on Cinco de Mayo.  She invited our family to their house for Cinco de Mayo dinner

Being a stay at home mom can be lonely and a drag at times even though you're with your beautiful child.  It's nice to have an adult conversation with someone.  She has been that person to me and I'm so grateful to have her in my life.  I really don't know what I'd do without her.

Above:  Us girls with the boys watching Milan's 4th of July parade

Sarah, you're an amazing person.  You're the kind of person that would do and give anything to help someone.  I've learned alot from you and I can't wait to see what the future of our friendship has in store for us!  You've been my rock so many times and I just want you to know that I'm so thankful we're friends!!!  <3

1 comment:

  1. and i'm thankful you have her too! finally, a great MI friend!

    ReplyDelete