Saturday, April 17, 2010

Rav4 or 4Runner

Toyota Rav4
Toyota 4Runner

The lease on my Camry Hybrid is up June 2011, but we've decided to give it up early in August and pay a termination fee. It actually works out to be cheaper to pay the fee instead of paying for a car sitting a garage for 3 months while we're gone.


We know we need more space because of a future with a larger family, so we're thinking of either a Rav4 or a 4Runner. I wouldn't mind having a Rav4, but I don't think it will be enough space long term. I, personally, have wanted a 4Runner since shortly after Scott and I started dating. I saw one at a gas station in my hometown and have loved them ever since. In Toyota's SUV lineup, smallest to largest, it's Rav4, 4Runner, Highlander, and Sequoia.
The Rav4 would be cheaper than my Camry and is available with optional 3rd row seating...think 2 car seats in the middle and the dog and our stuff in the 3rd row.


The Rav4 dash

This is without a 3rd row and what it looks like with all the seats folded down

This is the optional 3rd row

The 4Runner would be a little more than the Camry, but not an unreasonably amount. (Yes, I'm trying really hard to justify the 4Runner!!) It also comes with an optional 3rd row, but does have a cool slide out tray in the back if we opt for no 3rd row. Oh, and it also has towing capability...just sayin'! (I really, really, really would like to have a 4Runner!!!)

The 4Runner dash

This is without a 3rd row, showing the space in the back

This is the optional 3rd row

The cool slide out tray if you opt for no 3rd row

We have to make a decision and Scott has to send the vehicle info (we'll build our own vehicle like we did with the Camry) in by August, before we leave for Japan. We are going to a dealership tomorrow to look at each of these SUVs. It's fun to think that I'll have family and friends and a new car waiting for us when we return from Japan. So, we have alot going on right now!! :)


1 comment:

  1. No matter which car you go with, I think you should opt for the 3rd row. It seems crazy to me to have an SUV and only be able to transport the same number of people as a car!

    ReplyDelete