Friday, April 30, 2010

Apartment Hunting

I'm excited because I've made contact with a few people in the housing industry, Oakwood Temporary Housing. A gal that Scott went to UC with used to work for, and forgive me because I know I'll get this wrong somehow, a company that helped relocate people and helped them find housing. She no longer works there, but I asked if she could give me any company names to help in our apartment search.

Last night I received an email with a link to a company that will have a few places available during the time we will need it. They are actually nicer than any other apartments I've found online. Japanese places are pretty small and tight spaces, only about 650-700 sq. ft.. The places that are available are only 1 bedroom, which in my mind is a problem because of Carter. I mean Scott and I can get creative on where we, *ehem*, but I'd rather be comfy and not share a room with a little one while doing it. Haha!

The first option is at the J. Res Higashi-Sakura building. It ranges from 350,000-450,000 yen (equal to $3768.87-4845.69 US dollars/month).
Washer and Dryer, Air-Conditioning, Satellite TV, Internet Access, Refrigerator,
3 Seater Sofa, Region free DVD, Double Bed, Home Theater Stereo,
Microwave Oven, Flat Screen TV, Dining Table + 2 Chairs

The kitchen minus an oven. I guess most Japanese kitchens in rented/leased spaces come without an oven. Sucks nads!!

Each bedroom is different in the pictures for these properties, but here is one option.

Look at how close the bed is to the sofa. It's right behind those shower like glass doors. It's a good thing we all like each other! ;)

TV, sofa, dinette table, bedroom

The second option is at the J. Res Fushimi building. It starts at 350,000 yen.

The apartments in this building come with the following:
Washer and dryer, air-conditioning, satellite TV, internet access, refrigerator, 3 seater sofa, region free DVD, gas kitchen stove, double bed, home theater stereo, microwave oven, flat screen TV, telephone, dining table + 2 chairs

Balcony, TV, coffee table, sofa

Kitchen

Sofa and kitchen

Bedroom, again, one of many different types

No comments:

Post a Comment