Monday, November 30, 2009

Tis The Season

Tonight we turned on our lights outside for the Christmas season.  I have to admit, I think our house is just the most classic and clean looking.  This year was the first time we outlined the peaks of our house.  Scott did this of course and was nervous the whole time.  He might've said this was the first and last year he was doing it, but I think once he saw the end result he changed his mind.  I also cut snowflakes out of silver wrapping paper for my front windows.  It turned out just as I had imagined and I think I will make it a Christmas/Winter tradition.  It's nice to take such pride in how your house looks.


I understand everyone has their own way and what we think looks great might not be great to others. ... 

*Ehem*

Our next door neighbors house is...well...let's just say it's not our taste and we feel it's so overdone it kind of takes away from our house.

(It's MUCH brighter in person!)

We have our tree up and on.  Carter hasn't been too curious of it, but it's only a matter of time. Ha!  I love family tradition decorations.  The picture below of the Santa head is something that was always put out growing up as a child.  My mom passed it on to me and while it's just about the ugliest thing you've ever seen, I'll always put it out because of the sentimental value behind it.  






I love Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment