Sunday, September 5, 2010

Visiting Northern Michigan (Picture Overload)

This weekend we went up north, just north west of Traverse City, MI, to visit with Scott's parents at their friends' new lake house. This was our first time up north during a summer month and it was absolutely STUNNING! I've never seen water so crystal clear and blue. Scott and I went to Jamaica for our honeymoon and the water at Lake Leland and Lake Michigan surpass the beauty of Jamaican waters. I can't wait to start a tradition of going there for family vacations in the future. We had the best time!!! A big thank you to the O'Neal family for having us stay in their new, beautiful lake house and boat us around to see all of Lake Leland. It was one of the prettiest places I've ever been!!!




Beautiful Lake Leland!!


My MIL offered to put Carter down Saturday night so Scott and I could drive into town (a harbor on Lake Michigan) to watch the sunset. Again, beautiful!







Sunday morning the O'Neals made breakfast and made this special Mickey Mouse pancake just for Carter. He obviously didn't know it was in a special shape, but he loved it and gobbled it right up. After breakfast, my FIL and Cyndi wanted to ski while the water was calm. Then, we docked the boat and took a stroll around Fishtown. Cyndi was great and knew all the great spots to take pictures. She's my kind of gal!





















When Carter woke up, we left. I was sad to leave, but look forward to future trips with family and friends. A-MA-ZING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment